Monday 14 June 2010

Fairy Queen and Silver Pond

Silver pond by by cosmonautirussi
Used under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial 2.0 generic licence

The water fairy leads us down through the roots, to the spirits of the depths, and the sources of dreams beneath the threshold of consciousness.


I have bathed in the clear cool waters, refreshed, cleansed.


It is so very hard for me to leave, the joy you given me, the love you have shown. The shining jewels beneath, as I gaze into your reflective depths. For one brief moment, you became my very own fairytale, the stuff of stardust. But you live on your side of the pond and me on mine, each of us within our own magic kingdom. The steps I have taken alongside you on our brief enchanted path, have been full of wonder. But I dare not linger, too long, least you should suffer some fairy tale curse, from a broken promise.

In my heart I simply want to stay forever, but to live, we must constantly take our leave. The beginning of every path is at the same time the end of another.

I leave a trail of tiny flowers, in words and pictures, for you to follow in my waking dreams.


Farewell, my bright and shining companion, until we meet each other on the road ahead, when our star clad paths shall cross again.

No comments:

Post a Comment